The First Church Preschool
- First Church Preschool follows the Connecticut Preschool Curriculum Framework and the Connecticut Preschool assessment Framework for implementing a developmentally appropriate educational program for children 3 to 5 years of age.
1. To offer an active preschool educational experience for children ages 3 through 5 years, where growth is promoted in four specific areas: cognitive development, social/emotional development, creative expression, and physical development;
2. To help children become aware of their special abilities and individual worth as human beings;
3. To encourage self confidence and channel a child’s curiosity and energies into meaningful activities; and
4. To foster friendships, partnerships, and social development among children, program staff, families, and the community through humility, respect, sharing, caring, and a sense of humor.